In this podcast episode of Linux Stories, I interview Daniel J. Barrett, the author of Linux Pocket Guide book, which is among the 3 books I based my Linux tutorial series on.
Here is the video:
Here is the audio:
Let me know what you thought!
Links mentioned in this podcast episode:
- Find the Longest Path song
- Linux Pocket Guide
- Macintosh Terminal Pocket Guide
- Machine Learning Crash Course
- Technical Writing Courses
Note: After the interview, Daniel sent me an email with a script showcasing some in-depth Linux command line features. See the script and the instructions on how to run it here.
- 00:00 – 00:55 – Introduction
- 00:55 – 05:19 – Dan’s career path
- 05:19 – 10:11 – Dan’s startup experience
- 10:11 – 13:02 – Dan’s experience with music
- 13:02 – 23:14 – How did Dan’s understanding of Linux evolved over the years
- 23:14 – 25:08 – Does Dan prefer Linux over other operating systems?
- 25:08 – 28:27 – Can people who use computers professionaly benefit from knowing Linux?
- 28:27 – 31:34 – Can everyday people and people who want to become software engineers benefit from learning Linux?
- 31:34 – 34:35 – Dan’s Google Education job
- 34:35 – 35:44 – Parting thoughts
Subscribe to my newsletter to keep abreast of the interesting things I'm doing. I will send you the newsletter only when there is something interesting. This means 0% spam, 100% interesting content.